2007-03-18

I Might Make You Be Sorry

I've been paying some attention to the story about General Pace's comments. I think that it is interesting that in a time when political correctness demands acceptance of everyone's point of view that he is not allowed to express his view that he feels that other's views are immoral.

I don't know exactly how it was said or the context but this latest article I saw on USA Today seems to show that Gates might tell Pace that he better be sorry, or else.

In a circumstance like this is the person really ever sorry or just saying it? There is likely little difference between forcing Pace to apologize than there is for me to force my five-year-old to apologize for something. My five-year-old is going to learn something (although not immediately) as will Pace but neither will likely feel any different about this particular incident now or in the future.

0 comments: